THERE ARE OVER A HUNDRED PHOTOS IN THE SLIDE SHOW RIGHT BELOW THIS TEXT. IT WILL CONSTANTLY BE GROWING SO, PLEASE EITHER CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON, SIT BACK AND
ENJOY, OR, SCROLL THOUGH THE PHOTOS BY SCROLLING AND CLICKING ON THE DESIRED PHOTO. THE PHOTOS AND/OR SLIDE SHOW CAN ALSO BE ENLARGED TO FULL SCREEN FOR BETTER VISIBILITY AND FULL SCREEN
Trinity Window Fashions offers a diverse range of exclusive Shutters, frames, products and window covering solutions at affordable prices. We pride ourself on providing high quality Shutters,
Shades, Blinds, as well as other window covering products and offer a quality lifetime guarantee on all items. MANY companies are advertising wood shutters but they subsitute cheaper and lower
quality woods to save money and keep their costs lower. They just fail to tell you that, giving the impression that they are useing REAL Basswood. We are also one of the FEW companies that actually
use REAL Lacquer paints and stains, NOT the new water based paints that don't last. Our Lacquer paints and stains also have a moisture barrier so that our shutters will not chip, crack, peel, warp or
fall apart. It also includes a UV inhibitor to protect it from the sun.
Small or large, your request will be met with expert advice, individualized attention, and innovative solutions and attention to detail. Contact us and
discover all we have to offer. Our staff is looking forward to speaking with you.
Our Basswood Shutters:
- Real SOLID (not finger joined) Basswood Shutters with mortise and tenon joints or dowels for superior durability.
- All parts are 100% solid Basswood, (no cheaper quality woods) kiln-dried and water-sealed for moisture control.
- Made from furniture grade #1 Basswood lumber – for durability and the ultimate appearance.
- Exclusive louver tension control pins hold louvers in place at any position. As well as a tension adjustment screw for added security.
- Available in a wide range of louver sizes to fit your needs-1 7/8", 2.5", 3.5", 4.5". and 5.5"
- Our staples are stainless steel so they will not rust.
- Our staples are spring loaded so they will not pull out.
- Clear View shutters (hidden tilt rod) are also an option and we use powder coated metal control arms NOT plastic.
- Our shutters come standard in several paint colors, and stain colors.
- We can also use custom paint or stain colors to match your woodwork or decor.
- Motorized shutters are also an option.
- And here is the biggie.. NOTHING we sell comes from CHINA!!
- All of our products are grown, cut, shaped, painted and completly manufactured right here in the USA at our factory in Santa Ana CA.
Why Shutters Work In Your Home.
Basswood Shutters blend with every design style from traditional to contemporary. They instantly transform
the style of your home and complement any décor. They also are built with energy conservation in mind and our shutters are THE BEST form of insulation that you can put on your windows proven to be up
to 800% more energy efficient than aluminum mini blinds.
Real Basswood shutters also add to the resell value of your home.
Basswood shutters are a natural product built to bring warmth and character to fine homes. Like marble baths,
granite countertops, oak floors and fine wool rugs, real Basswood shutters are deep and rich materials that create an authenticity and sense of permanence synthetic materials cannot duplicate.
Plastic shutters, like linoleum and Formica, have their uses. Where price is the primary concern, or where the
panels will regularly be wetted (as in showers or saunas) plastic may be less expensive and waterproof. But homeowners who can choose consistently opt for the real thing. Here's why basswood has
become so popular and continues to be the top of the line when it comes to shutters:
Strongest, Lightest Material
- Basswood has a greater strength-to-weight ratio in its natural form than any other shutter material ever developed. Greater strength enables more custom shapes including longer louvers and
extensions not possible with plastic or lesser materials.
- In the abstract, when it comes to blocking light; ensuring that shutters are attached properly to walls; or allowing for light control; there are few real differences between weak, heavy
materials and stronger, light ones. But, as a function of aesthetics, design features and construction, the differences between materials are huge. Properly designed Basswood shutters don't need the
bulky support systems, chunky panels and extra framing pieces that lesser materials require. This results in an elegant look that is also stronger and more durable.
- Strong, light, Basswood louvers can be extended further to create fewer, properly proportioned panels. These panels look better, weigh less and require less framing. Plastic and other, weak,
heavy materials can only extend short lengths before drooping. To compensate, the designers must build smaller panels and more of them to cover the same space. Each small panel is heavy and comes
with its own additional, oversized framing and support requirements. On particularly large openings, the panel frames, shutter frames and build outs needed to support weaker materials can make the
openings resemble fortresses instead of windows.
Greatest Return On Investment
- Well-made Basswood shutters are known as the premium window coverings available. They typically increase resale values more than other window coverings, according to most real-estate estimators
- It is commonly accepted among real estate investors and professionals that, given a choice, buyers will choose to be surrounded by natural materials. As income levels and education rise,
homebuyers increasingly invest in hardwood, bronze, marble and granite over laminated MDF (wood/glue slurry), plastic; Linoleum and Formica. According to most real estate experts, the relevant issue
is not whether buyers are willing to spend more for natural materials over synthetics, but when and how much more they will invest.
- Housing development builders are a proxy for this kind of decision-making both in terms of value and target audience. As a group, they spend millions in market research, focus groups and real
world testing to isolate what customers value. Their collective goals are to determine the most important and cost-effective features to attract home buyers. This information is used to guide their
investments to acquire those features. In Southern California today, shutters are the dominant window covering offered in the middle to upper middle class and upper class development market. Within
this builder market for shutters, basswood shutters are the fastest growing segment. By proxy then, home builders are voting with their investment dollars that basswood shutters are the most
attractive window covering investment in the upper half of the market today.
Best Color, Grain, Hardness & Sap Count
- Basswood shutters have the best combination of several desirable traits: by far the most consistent color among hardwoods - particularly compared to poplar and lesser woods; very tight and
uniform grain - basswood's close grains will resist moisture better than open grain woods; basswood is one of the hardest of the workable, furniture-grade woods - basswood is naturally very low in
sap - our kiln dried basswood is guaranteed to have 8% or less moisture upon installation and will NEVER bleed sap.
- Here are some answers to some common questions.
- If Basswood is good for interior shutters, wouldn't oak, maple, walnut (insert tree here) be better?
- No, the other furniture-grade hardwoods all have non-uniform grain patterns. Fine interior shutters depend upon the uniformity and integrity of their louvers to reduce structural variability.
Louvers are relatively thin and unsupported and therefore particularly susceptible to swirling grains. We couldn't extend the louvers or control the gaps between louvers as well with "fancier"
- I saw some great interior shutters made of poplar. Poplar is cheap. Why don't you use poplar for your interior shutters?
- Poplar would be a good material for interior shutters (and a lot of companies use it to save money, WE WILL NOT) except for its inherent color variations. Unlike Basswood, which is uniformly tan,
a single unit of Poplar stock comes in everything from white and dark green to light gray and near black. Covering these color differences requires layering the panels with a lot more paint solids.
This means using either a thick, brittle undercoat (like Gesso or calcium carbonate) or layering the panels with additional top coats. In either case, the extra paint affects the gaps between moving
parts and builds up a thick layer around the wood that tends to crack or shatter if struck. Fine interior shutters should be built with a minimum of gap variances and to withstand a lifetime of
- How do you know the wood in your interior shutters has 8% or less moisture content?
- All of our wood comes from mostly Basswood mills in the Great Lakes region and Canada. These mills guarantee the wood specifications and are required to keep current certificates on file
attesting to kilning and moisture content. An inspector from the state or province must certify that the wood is kiln-dried to a given time and level. More importantly, Trinity Window Fashions
processes thousands of square feet of Basswood for interior shutters per year. Each piece is handled multiple times for cutting, shaping, sanding, assembly, painting etc. The only weight variable
that exists in Basswood is moisture content. If wood came in that was wet, it would be too heavy, and we would send it back. Our suppliers are well aware of this and Trinity Window Fashions has yet
to return a load of wood for moisture content.
- How do you know your interior shutters will never bleed sap?
- We've been making interior shutters out of Basswood for many many years. We process hundreds of thousands of board feet per year. We see the wood when it comes into our factory. We see the wood
as we process it. We see the finished panels when we complete the process; when we pack them up; and again when we install them. Sometimes, we see the panels yet again when we come out to install
even more interior shutters in a previous customers home. Our customers see them every day, and have seen them for over many many years. No sap, yet!!
- Basswood shutters are recyclable, biodegradable and renewable. Trinity Window Fashions is one of the few major shutter manufacturers in California using only basswood for both painted and
ready-to-stain shutters. Other manufacturers have switched to fingerjoints, laminations, "engineered woods", "plastic woods", vinyl-wrapped, fillers or lesser woods to drive down cost. All of these
are considerably less expensive than natural Basswood, but each comes with drawbacks. 100% natural basswood won't de-laminate (split) like laminates and vinyl-wrapped, pressed wood; won't crack or
swell at the seams like finger-joints; and won't fall apart or sag like pressboard or MDF. We recommend avoiding these materials particularly in large openings, cantilevered panels, and in openings
exposed to direct sun or where they may be exposed to moisture.
- When it comes to custom wood shutters, engineered woods are cheaper, but whole wood is better. Shutter manufacturers have tried a wide variety of wood fabrications to drive down the price of
Basswood. The truth is, Basswood is expensive, but still the best material for custom shutters.
- Custom Basswood shutters are unique in terms of finish and environment. Alone among interior wood products, the finest shutters are built to custom cabinetry standards while withstanding
temperature and sun extremes applicable to a lawn chair; and resisting moisture and decay to the greatest extent possible. Whole wood shutters handle these extremes with great aplomb (enabling a
lifetime warranty). Combinations of wood and glue, on the other hand, react to heat, cold, ultra-violet rays and water quite differently.
- Among the variations in "Hardwood" or "Basswood" shutters are laminated hardwood (plywood), vinyl-wrapped, laminated hardwood (plywood with a plastic coating), finger-jointed hardwood (small
pieces cut up and glued together zipper style), HDF (High Density Fiberboard, a densely packed slurry of glue and wood slivers poured into molds and set—like Jell-O, to create stiff panels of
"wood"), MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard, like HDF, but less dense; commonly used in inexpensive office furniture), Pressboard (see MDF) and combinations of the above. Each comes with its own inherent
- Wood and the glues used to bind "manufactured" woods expand contract, harden, stretch, absorb ultra-violet light and chip at different rates. These differences can be masked for a time by a thick
coat of paint. However, shutters are usually placed in direct sun; exposed directly to open or poorly-insulated windows; and opened, closed and adjusted repeatedly over a lifetime. These environments
stress the shutter materials in precisely the way that wood and glues fail: by forcing the materials to change in the same way over time. Rather than remain whole, wood/glue combinations tend to
separate over time revealing glue lines, bleed-thru, de-laminations, splits and cracked paint.
- Each time wood is cut against the grain (cross cut) fibers at the ends are broken and the wood's natural resistance to water, rot, insects and other decay is reduced. This is why decay almost
always starts at the cut ends of wood. Fine wood shutters should be built to last a lifetime. Whole wood shutters have the fewest crosscut ends and are therefore the most resistant to decay. Compared
to whole wood, finger-jointed wood typically has three to thirty times the number of cross cut ends, while laminated; HDF and MDF have virtually an infinitely greater number. Exposed to moisture or
rot, whole wood panels will resist decay for years. At the other end of the scale, exposed MDF panels will soak up moisture like a sponge.
* Afforable Custom Wood Shutters
* Affordable Wood and Faux Blinds
* Affordable Panel Shades
* Affordable Roller Shades
* Affordable Woven Woods
* Custom Window Treatments
* and lots more!!
Thank you for your
time and consideration,
Wayne Crespin. (Owner)
CA. ST. License #903486
Please call or text
for faster service!!
SERVING ALL OF
BEST Shutters at ANY price!!